Consultations have now been conducted in every capital city and some regional centres.
The consultations are a critical part of understanding the key concerns and challenges, as well as identifying leading practices and effective strategies.
The Inquiry is interested in hearing the views, experiences and ideas for change from as many people as possible.
Following is a video explaining in Auslan how you can be involved in the consultation process or make a submission to the Inquiry.
Below is a list of locations where for the inquiry were held.
- Canberra, 6-7 July 2015
- Geelong, 29 July 2015
- Melbourne, 30-31 July 2015
- Parramatta, 7 August 2015
- Sydney, 10 and 12 August 2015, 1 October 2015
- Townsville, 19 August 2015
- Mt Isa, 20-21 August 2015
- Brisbane, 24-25 August 2015
- Albury, 3 September 2015
- Newcastle, 7 September 2015
- Alice Springs, 20-21 October 2015
- Darwin, 22-23 October 2015
- Adelaide, 2 November 2015
- Port Lincoln, 3 November 2015
- Launceston, 10 November 2015
- Hobart, 11 November 2015
- Wollongong, 20 November 2015
- Perth, 23-24 November 2015
- Geraldton, 25 November 2015
- Redfern, 27 November 2015
What if I miss a consultation or can’t attend a consultation?
All interested people and organisations are invited to make a submission to the Inquiry. Submissions opened on 26 June and closed on 4 December 2015. For information on how to make a submission please click here. If you would like to make a submission but need some extra time or you would like to make a contribution to the Inquiry in a way not mentioned here, please contact us at email@example.com or call (02) 9284 9600.