The Australian Human Rights Commission is excited to announce the release of a new set of resources for the VET sector: ‘Disability rights: Facilitating the empowerment of people with disability’ (aligned to CHCDIS007 - Facilitate the empowerment of people with disability)
The Trainer’s Manual and Learner Guide included in this set of resources bring together everything trainers will need to teach CHCDIS007 - Facilitate the empowerment of people with disability, including:
- Comprehensive background reading
- Individual exercises, group activities and video links
- Case studies and scenarios
- Links to further reading
PDf and Word versions of the Trainer’s Manual and Learner Guide can be downloaded from the training resource page.
Please note, while these resources have been specifically developed to allow trainer’s to deliver CHCDIS007 - Facilitate the empowerment of people with disability, they include information that may also assist in teaching some elements of:
- CHCCCS015 - Provide individualised support
- CHCCCS016 - Respond to client needs
- CHCCCS023 - Support independence and wellbeing
- CHCCCS025 - Support relationships with carers and families
- CHCCOM005 - Communicate and work in health or community services
We are currently in the process of developing a second set of resources: ‘Embracing Diversity: Working towards rights, respect and inclusion’ (aligned to CHCDIV001 - Work with diverse people), so stay tuned!