Attend a consultation
The National Inquiry team is conducting public consultations in all capital cities and some regional centres across Australia, to further develop our understanding of workplace sexual harassment, its causes, impacts and best practice responses.
Public consultations are open to anyone who would like to contribute to the national conversation on this issue. They are an opportunity for the National Inquiry team to hear from individuals and organisations about their views, experiences and suggestions for change.
The next scheduled consultations will be held in Melbourne, in the week beginning 19 November 2018:
- Policy consultation (vulnerable workers focus): Wednesday 21 November 2018, 9:30am-11am. Register now via this link.
- Policy consultation (general): Wednesday 21 November 2018, 12pm-1:30pm. Register now via this link.
- Consultation with young workers in the retail and hospitality sector (15-25 years old): Wednesday 21 November 2018, 4pm-5:30pm. Register now via this link.
- Consultation with business/employers (targeted to retail/hospitality sector): Thursday 22 November 2018, 3pm-4:30pm. Register now via this link.
- Public consultation: Thursday 22 November 2018, 6pm - 7:30pm. Register now via this link.
- Consultation with LGBTI people and organisations: Friday 23 November 2018, 10am-12pm. Register now via this link.
- National union roundtable: Friday 23 November 2018, 2pm-4pm. Register now via this link.
- Consultation focusing on issues concerning culturally and linguistically diverse women and girls: Monday 26 November 2018, 10am-11:30am. Register now via this link.
The National Inquiry team will also be conducting consultations in the following locations:
- Brisbane and Townsville – week commencing 3 December 2018
- Sydney and Albury-Wodonga – week commencing 11 February 2019
This website will be updated shortly to provide further details of consultations in these locations.
To date, the inquiry has conducted 23 consultations in six cities:
- Darwin, and