The Commission visited various immigration detention centres as part of the Inquiry.
The Commission was accompanied by various independent consultants including paediatricians and child psychiatrists. The following are some of the reports prepared by these consultants after their visits to immigration detention centres.
These expert reports do not represent the views of the Commission.
Visit to Christmas Island from 1 – 8 March 2014:
- Dr Mares: child psychiatrist Expert Report - Dr Mares - Christmas Island March 2014.doc
Visit to Sydney Immigration Residential Housing (SIRH), Sydney on 30 March 2014:
- Dr Kowalenko: child psychiatrist Expert Report - Dr Kowalenko - SIRH June 2014.pdf
Visit to Melbourne Immigration Transit Accommodation (MITA), Melbourne on 7 May 2014:
- Dr Paxton: paediatrician, Dr Tosif: paediatric trainee, Dr Patel: child psychiatrist Expert Report - Dr Paxton Dr Tosif Dr Patel - MITA May 2014.docx
Visit to Inverbrackie APOD, South Australia on 12 May 2014:
- Dr Jureidini: child psychiatrist Expert Report - Dr Jureidini - Inverbrackie May 2014.docx
- Dr Packer: paediatrician Expert Report - Dr Packer - Inverbrackie May 2014.docx
Visit to Christmas Island from 14 - 17 July 2014:
- Prof Elliott: professor of paediatrics and child health Expert Report - Prof Elliott - Christmas Island July 2014.docx