STANDARD OPENING HOURS:
- The National Information Service's opening hours are Monday to Friday, between 10am and 4pm (Sydney time).
- If you wish to visit the Service in person to discuss an issue, you will need to make an appointment first.
The National Information Service (NIS) provides information and referrals for individuals, organisations and employers about a range of human rights and discrimination issues. This service is free and confidential.
The NIS can:
- give you information about your rights and responsibilities under federal human rights and anti-discrimination law
- discuss whether you may be able to make a complaint to the Commission or how the law might apply to your situation
- give you information about how to make a complaint, respond to a complaint or deal with specific discrimination issues
- refer you to another organisation that may be able to help you, if we can't
Please note that the NIS is unable to provide legal advice.
To make a complaint online go to: online complaint
You can contact the NIS by:
Phone: 1300 656 419 or 02 9284 9888
Fax: 02 9284 9611
Online for small businesses: Small Business Enquiry Form
TTY: 1800 620 241 (toll free)
National Relay Service: 1300 555 727 (Speak and Listen) or internet-relay.nrscall.gov.au
Translating and Interpreting Service: 131 450 or www.tisnational.gov.au
Note: We will use the information you provide to consider and respond to your enquiry. Any personal information will be used and stored in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth).