Violence, harassment and bullying
The Australian Human Rights Commission has adopted violence, harassment and bullying as major priority themes to address in our work.
People with disability will be an integral part of all work in this area. We will also be pursuing specific opportunities to address violence, harassment and bullying against people with disability as part of the National Disability Strategy.
- Response to UN questionnaire on violence against women with disability, January 2012 (MS Word), or PDF format
- Violence against women with disabilities: resources from Women with Disabilities Australia, 1995 -
- Rights denied: Towards a national policy agenda about abuse, neglect and exploitation of persons with cognitive disability in Australia. French, P., Dardel, J., & Price-Kelly, S, 2010.
- Accommodating Violence: The experience of domestic violence of people with disability living in licensed boarding houses (PDF), People with Disability Australia, 2010.
- Building the Evidence: A report on the status of policy and practice in responding to violence against women with disabilities in Victoria (PDF ) Victorian Women with Disabilities Network Advocacy Information Service (2008)
- Violence against people with cognitive impairments (PDF). Office of the Public Advocate, Victoria. August 2010.
- Resource Manual on Violence Against Women With Disabilities. Women with Disabilities Australia, 2007.