INQUIRY INTO EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY AND PARTICIPATION FOR PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES:
TERMS OF REFERENCE
Dr Sev Ozdowski, Human Rights Commissioner and Acting Disability Discrimination Commissioner, will conduct on behalf of the Human Rights and Equal Opportunity Commission and pursuant to sections 31(a)(b)(c) and (e) of the Human Rights and Equal Opportunity Commission Act 1986 (Cth), an inquiry into equal opportunity in employment and occupation for people with a disability in Australia.
The purpose of the inquiry is to:
- identify existing systemic barriers to equal employment opportunity for people with disabilities;
- examine data on employment outcomes for people with disabilities including workforce participation, unemployment and income levels; and
- examine policies, practices, services and special measures implemented to advance equal employment opportunities for people with disabilities.
The scope of the inquiry includes:
- Commonwealth government as an employer and service provider; and
- private sector employers.
The inquiry will report in November 2005.