Voices of Australia - Activity sheet 7
Consider the following questions in regards to your favourite novel/film/poem/song
or English text book (see the resource list for ideas).
- What themes around diversity appear in this work?
- Are there any rights in conflict? (i.e. the right to live free of
- Is discrimination occurring in any way? Who is responsible for discrimination? Is
it direct or indirect discrimination?
- Is the author/artist being discriminatory in any way? Is there any event or
background information that you know of, that may have shaped the author's
- What does this work say about the relationship between rights and
responsibilities that we have in our society?
- Is there any conflict between the needs of the individual and the needs of
- Are there any examples of compassion and/or respect for others in our
- Does this work give you a greater understanding/empathy for other groups in
- Does the work raise any similar issues in your
Name of text:
Date of publication: