Speeches delivered by Professor Alice Tay
President, Human Rights and Equal Opportunity Commission: 1998 - 2003
Note: Professor Tay, term as President ended on 31 May 2003.
The Hon. Catherine Branson was appointed President of the Australian Human Rights Commission on 7 August 2008 for five year term.
Speeches delivered by Professor Tay during her term as President are available below.
University of Western Sydney, April 2002.
of Youth Challenge Online
Human Rights and Equal Opportunity Commission, Sydney, December 2001.
Rights and Equality for Women in the 21st Century
Australian Women Speak Conference, Canberra, August 2001.
on Mandatory Sentencing
HREOC Press Conference, Sydney, February 2000.
to electronic commerce and new technology services by older Australians
and people with a disability
Perth, September 1999.
Rights and Development
World Vision Seminar, Melbourne, December 1998.
World? One Culture? One Education?
International Student Advisers Network of Australia (ISANA) Conference "Beyond 2000, Renewing the Vision", Canberra, November 1998.
to Australia by women from diverse cultures
FECCA National Conference, Sydney, November 1998.
and Human Rights
Brisbane, November 1998.
Rights and Wrongs
Adelaide, October 1998.
the 21st Century: Challenges and Opportunities
International Symposium on World Human Rights, People's Republic of China, October 1998.
Rights and Business Education
Council for Equal Opportunity in Employment Limited, Sydney, August 1998.
- Speeches delivered by Professor Gillian Triggs (President, Australian Human Rights Commission)
- Speeches delivered by Hon Catherine Branson (President, Australian Human Rights Commission, 2008 - 2012)
- Speeches delivered by Hon. John von Doussa (President, Australian Human Rights Commission, 2003 - 2008)
- Speeches delivered by the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Social Justice Commissioner
- Speeches delivered by the Disability Rights Commissioner
- Speeches delivered by the Human Rights Commissioner
- Speeches delivered by the Race Discrimination Commissioner
delivered by the Sex Discrimination Commissioner