Human rights at your fingertips
- Back to Contents
- 1 Foreword
- 2 Chart of Australian Treaty Ratifications as of May 2012
- 3 Chart of related rights and articles in human rights instruments
- 4 Universal Declaration of Human Rights
- 5 International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights
- 6 International Covenant on Economic, Social and Cultural Rights
- 7 International Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Racial Discrimination
- 8 Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Discrimination Against Women
- 9 Convention against Torture and Other Cruel, Inhuman or Degrading Treatment or Punishment
- 10 Convention on the Rights of the Child
- 11 Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities
- 12 United Nations Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples
- 13 Principles relating to the Status of National Institutions (Paris Principles)
- 14 Useful resources
|Universal human rights index||The database contains information to country-specific human rights
information arising from international human rights mechanisms in the United
Nations system: the Treaty Bodies, the Special Procedures and the Universal
|United Nations Treaties database||The database contains information on the status of multilateral
instruments, including human rights instruments. Information on the status of
each instrument as states sign, ratify, accede or lodge declarations, as well as
their reservations or objections is updated daily.
|The Attorney-General Department website||This page of the Attorney-General’s Department offers information on
human rights and Australia’s Human Rights Framework for public sector
|The Australian Human Rights Commission website||The Commission’s website provides information on human rights issues,
submissions, publications and education resources.
|Tell Me Something
I Don’t Know website
|The Tell Me Something I Don’t Know website contains facts on human
rights issues in Australia.
|Something In Common||The Something In Common website contains information, stories and actions
on human rights issues in Australia.
|United Nations Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights (OHCHR) website||The OHCHR website contains information on international human rights
issues, research and education resources.